In iPresso system you can check finished campaigns and an individual report assigned to each of them at any time. To view finished email campaigns, go to the Campaigns section > Finished campaigns.
On the right side of each email campaign, you can see a red report button. By clicking on the button, we go to the individual report from the campaign, where you can get such information as: conversions, number of clicks on links, and campaign statuses.
In the next steps, we will describe each section of the finished campaign report and the data included there.
Individual reports from email campaigns are divided into the following sections:
- conversion aggregated;
- open hours;
- link clicks; and
The "Conversion" section of the individual report presents only unique data. This is crucial in the context of conducting analytics for a specific campaign. Data is presented in both percentage and quantitative form. Regarding the uniqueness of the data in this part of the report, you can extract the information for such indicators as Open Rate (message openings rate) and Click-Through Rate. In addition, the data in the report can be used in presentations thanks to the possibility of export function - for example to JPEG format.
Data presented in the "Conversion" section shows us information about:
- The total number of sent emails that are represented in the graph by bars labeled as "All" and "Sent".
- Information about the delivery of the message to the recipient's inbox marked on the chart as "Confirmed delivery". This is a situation when we receive information from the client email server (e.g. Gmail) that the message is delivered.
- The number of open e-mails ("Open"), which is also an indicator of the Open Rate, due to the uniqueness of the data in the context of the entire campaign.
- The number of unique clicks on links marked as "Links clicked". In practice, this means the total (maximum) and a unique number of clicks on links by recipients. That means that even if the same recipient clicked on the link more than 1 time, the system will present it only once at this point:
- Amounts of “Unsubscribes” after receiving email messages from this campaign.
- "Canceled", which may be caused for such reasons as the exhaustion of the email sending limit in the individual iPresso account; wrong email address; contact policy (campaign restrictions), and manual cancelation of the email campaign during sending (by the iPresso user).
The next section of the individual report is "Aggregated Conversion". The data in this section is also unique but is analyzing in the context of each day (data is unique for each day).
The meaning of the uniqueness of the data presented in this report can be explained by the example of the user clicking the link. If a unique user on a specific day, e.g. 2021-03-29, opens the link 5 times, then information about one unique click will be entered on the bar below. On the next day, e.g. 2021-03-30, the same user repeats the action and clicks on the link 5 times more → it will be presented again on a given day as one unique click because of the fact that the uniqueness of clicks in the chart is analyzed for each day separately.
You can choose the different periods for presenting the data chart (day, week, month, quarter, year) using the "Period" field. Additionally, you can select the date range you are interested in by using the "Date from" and "Date to" fields.
You have also the possibility to decide what specific data bars will be presented on our chart. If you want to do this, you should mark the appropriate bars by clicking on the legend, exactly as it is done on the screenshot below:
That way, only the data about links clicked and opened emails will be presented on the chart. Additionally, by clicking on the blue "Export" button, you can export these data to a CSV file.
The next section of the individual report from the finished e-mail campaign is "Opening hours".
Data for e-mail openings are presented on a very transparent graph, that indicates a specific number of e-mail openings for the given hour. Having this information, you can optimize your campaigns by scheduling the appropriate time for sending email marketing campaigns precisely when your customers read messages most willingly.
The same as in the "Conversion" section, we can save the graph in a graphic form that you can use, for example, in your business presentations. If you want to export the chart, click the hamburger icon in the upper right corner of the chart. The example is presented at the screenshot below:
The next very important feature in the context of analyzing the effectiveness of our e-mail campaign is the "Link clicks" section.
In the "Link clicks" tab, we receive the data for all of the links that we included in the email campaign and the total number of non-unique clicks on them. These are the real clicks in the links that we put in the email campaign. That means, if one user has clicked on the same link 5 times, it will be counted five times for clicks in that exact link.
If you have used more than 1in the e-mail campaign, this is a place in iPresso where you can see a list of all of them.
Please note that in this tab we collect all clicks on links that were actually clicked by users. Thanks to this information, you can check which links were clicked the most by your clients.
Additionally, by clicking on the red "contacts" button on the right side of the screen, you can go to the iPresso “Contact Manager” section, where you can view in detail users who have clicked on specific links.
The last element of the individual e-mail report is the "Status" section. We can view all recipients of our email campaign and check such elements as:
- e-mail address to which the message was sent;
- date when an e-mail was sent;
- date when an e-mail was opened; and
iPresso system allows you to filter users according to a specific status. Filtering is available for the following statuses:
- Wait for send - if we do not ship immediately, we only plan the campaign after some time, e.g. tomorrow at 8:15.
- Confirmed delivery - means that the email client server ( e.g. Gmail) has confirmed the reception of the message.
- Sending canceled - in such situations as: exhaustion of the email sending limit in the individual iPresso account; wrong email address; contact policy (campaign restrictions), and manual cancelation of the email campaign during sending (by the iPresso user).
- Sending failed - applies to those campaigns in which we received a response from the mail server marked as hard-bounce (e.g. due to a non-existent e-mail address), in this case, the iPresso system marks such addresses with the "Wrong e-mail address" flag, which prevents continue sending messages to contacts marked in this way.
Additionally, by clicking the blue button "GO TO CONTACT MANAGER" you can view users with specific sending status, and also you can create a segment within these users that can be used for the next email marketing campaigns.
Please sign in to leave a comment.