Feed Manager allows you to manage your products in multiple ways. You can view them as a paginated or sorted list with a search engine. We can search and sort each characteristic previously assigned to a product and ID, for example:
- text fields and links: one field with wildcard search
- numeric fields: two fields with a range from - to
- single-choice, multiple-choice and true/false lists with the option to select one option
- date and date with time fields, allowing you to select in two fields with a range
You can manage your feed by clicking on the icon on the right hand side. This will bring up a short list with choices: edit, remove and import new products (if it's imported from file)
Editing a feed added manually and imported from a file only allows you to change its name. It is not possible to change any keys or features. To do so, you have to create a new feed:
In case of a feed added by using the Automatic from the server (URL) method, you can only change the URL and Frequency of refreshing the feed. It is not possible to change the key or features. In order to do that you have to create a new feed:
However, there are different methods of the feed products edition:
in case of added manually:
- adding one or multiple products
- removing products from the product list
- editing particular product
In the case of feeds that have been added by using file import method, you only have the option of re-uploading the file. If the file has a different structure from the one used to create the feed or there are other errors in the file, the operation will fail with an appropriate message. In this case the previous products are not removed. There is no option of editing and removing products and defining product features - in order to do that, you have to create a new feed.
- Remember that uploading a new file clears all products and replaces them with new ones.
In the case of feeds added from URL (automatic from server method) you have the option to change the frequency of feed refreshing. However, there is no option to edit and remove products or edit the definition of product features - for this you need to create a new feed.
Removing must be confirmed in an additional step. It contains the information that if the feed has already been used, it will stop working and that the operation is irreversible: