In the System Accesses tab located under the System module, you can find the API Users subsection. Entering that section, you will find two subsections API Users and User groups. From there, you can manage access to the iPresso system via an API interface.
API Users - a panel overview.
On the API users’ settings page, you will find the following information:
- API key (CUSTOMER_KEY) - a unique key required to authorize API access in your interface.
- The validity of the API key (given in seconds) - there, you can check or change the validity time window.
- Authorization returns different token - a slider enabling you to turn the token change option. If you check the “Yes” option, each time the API authorization happens system returns a different token.
API Users Management - creating a new user.
You can add a new user by clicking the red ADD button in the upper right corner. Adding a new user’s access, you have to provide the following information.
- Login* - a unique text value required for API authorization.
- Password* - a secure text required for API authorization.
- E-mail address* - this value also needs to be unique as two users cannot share e-mail addresses.
- User groups* - an obligatory field required for determining the API access restrictions.
- Allowed IP addresses for API User - optional field restricting the API user accesses. Users will only be able to use API users with these IP addresses.
* - fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory.
API Users Management - editing an existing user.
To edit an existing API user, navigate to the Actions column in your records table. Click on the more options, and in the dropdown list, search for the edit option. You can adjust each field mentioned in the previous section.
API Users Management - deleting an existing user.
To delete an existing API user, navigate to the Actions column in your records table. Similar to the editing user function, drop down the list and look for the delete option. After clicking delete, you will receive a prompt window to ensure deletion. When you approve the deletion, the user will disappear from the system. Such users will not be able to use the API interface to communicate with iPresso anymore.