What is the Consent Manager?
Consent Manager is where you can manage your consents. Here you have the ability to view the consent dashboard, add, edit and delete an existing consent. Here you can also access the tab related to profile pages and unsubscribe pages.
Assigning consents to contacts is required to conduct communications with the user in compliance with RODO.
The different tabs of the Consent Manager are described in separate articles:
- Information and a detailed description of the Consent Dashboard tab can be found here,
- The unsubscribe pages and their use are described in this article,
- Information regarding profile pages can be found at this link
Consent is an acknowledgement that a person allows their personal data to be processed, or marketing communications to be conducted. To a contact who enters the iPresso database with marked marketing consent, you can implement the sending of information, e.g. via email channel, SMS.
The process of signing up and unsubscribing from consents is fully automated thanks to the use of consent sign-up forms, their integration via API, or the ability to automatically include unsubscribe links in emails (e.g. in the footer).
Adding a new consent
To add a new consent, go to System --> Consent Manager --> Consents and click Add.
Name and API key
Give a Name to the consent, and an abbreviated name (if needed). Also assign/define the API Key of the consent here.
The next step is to define the Content of the consent.
The content of the consent should be formulated in such a way that there is no doubt that the person has given his/her permission for a certain action from the company. In addition, you can also give an Abbreviated Consent Content(this field is not required, however).
The last step is to configure the appropriate options in the Settings section, where you can:
- uncheck that the consent you are creating allows direct messaging, and that it allows linking anonymous data collected before enrollment to the contact you are creating, and whether the consent is required or not.
- define dependencies between different consents (e.g., unsubscribing from one consent may cause automatic unsubscribing from another),
- select the Unsubscribe Page that will be shown to the contact after unsubscribing from this consent. Here you will learn how to prepare the corresponding Unsubscribe Page.
Editing a consent
On the screen where the created consents are displayed, you can click the Edit button for the selected consent.
From the drop-down menu on the right within a given consent, you can perform additional actions which are:
- preview the history of changes within a given consent,
- configure webhooks
- export the history of the consent
- generate a preview of the consent
- delete a given consent
Please sign in to leave a comment.