What is a contact profile page?
Profile pages allow companies to inform their current and potential customers about their personal data that had been collected, and provide them with the opportunity to erase or edit their personal information. Customers are also able to withdraw their consents at any moment.
Providing a link to a contact profile page is required in campaigns in which more than one consent is selected.
If you want to create a profile page, navigate to System -> Consent manager -> Profile pages.
It is necessary to configure the following three sections of a profile page:
- Contact details page - user will see this page after clicking a link to a profile page. It allows you to specify what data is to be displayed to the user - this may include, among other data, attributes or consents.
- Thank you page - this page will be displayed after the user edits their data.
- No contact data page - this page will be displayed after the deletion of the user's data.
Thanks to the use of drop down lists, you are able to add all kinds of data that is to be displayed: contact information, consents, etc. For a better visual presentation, you may also use html code, or load .zip files.
The options of Profile Pages include:
- Data edition – every contact can view and edit their data at any moment. They can also withdraw all permissions they had granted.
- Data deletion – all traces of personal data of a contact can be permanently deleted from iPresso. The process of data deletion may be carried out in two steps, with the second one involving the sending of an email confirming the deletion. Moreover, if a contact has any additional (“inferior”) contacts assigned to them (e.g. children assigned to a parent), they will also be erased upon the deletion of the “superior” contact.
- Export – a contact may also export their data into a CSV file. Marketers who set up Profile Pages may specify the exact attributes to be included in the export files.
After having completed all the required fields, click the Save button. If you want to see what the final profile page will look like, just click on the Preview button next to the selected page, select the test contact whose data is to be displayed on the page and click Preview again.
When your profile page is ready, you can add it both to a message created in the Drag&Drop editor, and to one created in html - the link can be found in the Profile pages section next to the relevant profile page.