In iPresso you have the ability to restrict access to contacts stored in your database to a selected group of users.
How to define access to contacts?
Before we show you how to define Contact Access, first:
- Create and configure accordingly the group of users to whom you want to assign a given access to contacts,
- Create an account or accounts of the users themselves, assigning them to the group prepared in the previous step.
After these two steps, go to the System tab, then Dictionaries > Contacts > Contact Accesses and click the "Add" button located in the upper right corner of the panel.
Define the name of the access you are creating, then click the "Save" button. The newly created access group should appear in the list.
Now you can assign the previously defined user group the created Access to contacts. To do this, go to the System tab, then System Accesses > Users > User Groups.
Next to the appropriate group, click the "more" button, then select "Settings." On the settings screen, first uncheck "Unlimited access to contacts" to "No," then in the box that appears on the right, select the Access group you created and click "Save."
The next step is to assign the very contacts in the database to the Access group we created. This can be done in three ways:
1. Through an Action on the segment: after creating a segment with the contacts we want to assign access to, we select from the list of possible actions: "Modify access to contacts", then configure the appropriate settings and click "Perform",
2. Via Scenario: when creating a scenario, we select and configure the "Modify of access to contacts" block from the "Actions" tab,
3. Manually through the Contact Manager: at the very bottom of the contact creation/editing tab, there is a place where we can select the appropriate access group. After adding a group to a contact, be sure to click the "Save"/"Save and Exit" button before exiting the Contact Manager.
Once access has been assigned by one of the methods indicated above, the appropriate information will appear on the card of the contact in question:
After following the steps outlined in this article, contacts will be visible only to users whose group has been assigned access to them (or has the "Unlimited access to contacts" option enabled).
Contacts that have been assigned to a specific access group can also be segmented:
Please sign in to leave a comment.