How to get started?
Despite the popularity of social media, SMS is still an effective form of communication with recipients, both - transactional and marketing mailings.
With iPresso, you will simply and quickly send SMS to your recipients.
To get started, go to the campaign section and select the SMS communication channel:
Configuration - Settings
- Give the created campaign a Campaign Name, which is visible only to system users.
- Select the appropriate Consent based on which you will send your message. The mailing will be executed only to contacts with the selected consent.
- If you want the SMS to be used in MA scenarios, select For Scenarios as the Campaign Type. When you finish editing the content, it will automatically be saved in the Campaigns -> For Scenarios section. Using this option skips the configuration of Recipients, as the selection is based on the criteria selected once creating the scenario.
- We recommend that you assign an appropriate Tag to the campaign you are creating, so that you can mark it in the system. This will make it easier to find it, for example, in statistics. Remember that campaign tags do not limit the group of recipients. They are used only for reporting purposes.
- If you wish the campaign to be triggered by API move the relevant slider to the right.
- The sender's name will be displayed to the recipient. It should be configured before so you can choose from the drop-down list.
Below you can find the path to configure the names:
System -> Campaigns settings -> SMS senders -> Add
To set up a sender, all you need to do is fill in the "Name" field and click "Save".
The entered names will automatically appear in the SMS wizard.
SMS sender names, will be displayed on contacts' phones instead of phone number.
Configuration - Recipients
You can choose as recipients of your message:
- all contacts (not recommended),
- a selected segment, i.e. a selected group of recipients
Once creating a segment, you have three options to choose from:
- Create a new segment: this allows you to create a new segment based on the contact information collected in the system.
- Create a new segment based on the selected one: this option allows you to create a new segment by editing the segment created earlier. Contacts belonging to the created segment will be recalculated.
- Select a segment from the archive: this option allows you to select segment which is located in the archive. That gives you the possibility to reuse a predefined set of criteria. In this case, it is not possible to edit the segmentation criteria. Contacts belonging to the new created segment will be recalculated.
Remember that the number of recipients may be lesser than the number of contacts in the segment. That may happen because one of the following reasons:
- contacts do not have the consent you selected in Settings, or
- do not have a mobile number,
- you do not have access to some of contacts (iPresso system permissions)
Configuration - Content
Personalization in SMS
You can personalize the content - add attributes that will upload individually for each SMS recipient. You will find personalization options in the "Personalize Content" drop-down list.
Remember that SMS is limited to 160 characters. Of course, you can send an SMS composed of several, but each such dispatch will affect the use of your monthly SMS limit: for example, a message containing 180 characters will be counted as two separate SMS. If you send 1,000 SMS, 2,000 will be deducted from your limit. It is worth paying attention to the number of characters used. For this, use the preview, where you can see the message content at the recipient and the number of characters used.
You can test SMS by sending it to a test contact. Remember to add the test contact to the manager earlier.
Add products to the campaign
If you want to offer products to your customers, use the Feed Manager.
Having a data set created with the products you are interested in, you can easily use it when creating email, SMS, mobile push or web push messages. Select the Example data set usage option. Once selected, the appropriate requirements to include in the creation will be shown.
In the example below, the created feed is named "fruits_and_vegetables" and the key is "fruits_low_price_or_ex_date":
Copy the text and paste it into the SMS creation. Describe and customize it accordingly to your needs:
The \n markups are responsible for designating the next line in the SMS. They should not be visible to the recipients, although it ultimately depends on recipients' phones.
Go to the summary. If all elements are green, the shipment can be approved. If there are red elements, they need to be corrected. There may also be yellow elements - they require attention, but will not prevent the campaign.