Mobile push campaigns are an effective method of communication, especially in the context of Real Time Marketing. They are nothing more than notifications in a mobile app.
In order for a user to receive mobile push, he or she must agree to receive notifications in the app and mobile device settings.
Configuration - Settings
In step 1, go through the dispatch settings:
- Give the campaign a Name, which is visible only to system users.
- We recommend assigning an appropriate Tag to the creation you are making, so that you can mark your mailing in the system. This will make it easier for you to find it, for example, in statistics. Remember that the Tags of the campaign do not limit the group of recipients. They are used only for reporting purposes.
- If you want the push to be able to be used in MA scenarios, select "For Scenarios" as the Campaign type. Once you finish editing the content, it will automatically be saved in the Campaigns -> For Scenarios section. Using this option skips the configuration of the recipients, as they are selected based on the criteria selected when creating the scenario.
- The campaign triggered by API is a method through which, using our API, you will trigger a push message. By checking this option, you need to enter the API key, which will identify the campaign. For more information, see our documentation: mobile push API
- Link monitoring means that iPresso will collect data about the links a user clicked in a notification.
- The mobile app determines the app to which notifications will be sent. Adding an app requires contacting your iPresso account manager.
- The type of contacts determines the recipients of the push. This matters because in the case of monitored contacts, you can choose a segmented group of recipients. In the case of anonymous, you send the message to everyone. who has subscribed to notifications from the mobile app.
- Push message key - the key by which campaigns are identified. Using it gives the ability to replace previous message that have not yet been delivered to the recipient.
- Message validity period determines the maximum time the notification will be displayed to users.
Configuration - Content
You can configure mobile push as in the example below:
On click action allows you to choose one of three actions. It is worth specifying the activity in the application. This is the trigger (the command) that we will be sent along with the push to the application. The content of this field should be defined by the app developers.
Advanced push version
At the top of the page, we can select the option for an advanced version of the push:
At the bottom, under the activity in the application, you will see a field for additional data. Here you can enter data in JSON format, which will be sent to the application.
An example of using the advanced version is link monitoring.
In the Settings step, in the "Links monitoring" field, select "Monitor all links."
In the Content step:
- select "Advanced version of push"
- in the "Additional data" field where you specify the data in JSON format that will be sent to the application, add the "externalMonitoringLink" field with the value of the link to be monitored
For example, if the deeplink to the application is in the "deeplink" field then the same link can be inserted in the "externalMonitoringLink" field. This field should not be used for deeplinks in the push and is only used for monitoring clicks (the value will be changed at the sending stage)
Sample JSON for this field:
Supporting push in the app:
- In the "externalMonitoringLink" field, the value will be converted into a URL to iPresso, to which a GET request should be sent when the app records a click.
- Once the request is sent (which, except for sending, does not need to be handled in any way), iPresso will record the click on the sent mobile push (in the sending statistics and as contact activity). In the contact activity "Link click" in the "link" parameter will be the value that was entered in the "externalMonitoringLink" field when creating the dispatch.
Go to the summary. If all elements are green, the dispatch can be approved. If there are red elements, they need to be corrected. There may also be yellow elements - they require attention, but will not prevent the shipment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.