In order to launch the channel, enabled WhatsApp integration is required. This one, in turn, requires setting up a provider and linking it to the corresponding Vonage sub-account, and the previously mentioned one must be linked to a WhatsApp business account.
Procedure for launching integration with WhatsApp
Launching a WhatsApp channel can be divided into two areas:
- Obtaining a WABA account
- Setting up the channel at the iPresso <-> Vonage interface
Obtaining a WABA (WhatsApp Business Account) account
In order to be able to start communicating through the WhatsApp channel, it is necessary to go through the process of obtaining access to a WABA business account. To do so, it is necessary to fill out the form provided by Vonage. The form is available here. From the iPresso side, we provide Vonage API key and Vonage API key for WhatsApp Traffic are the bearings of the iPresso account and the sub-account dedicated to the customer to whom we launch the channel. In addition, at this stage it is also necessary to indicate the phone number from which the communication will go out. There are two options:
- Purchase a new phone number through Vonage - on the iPresso side we can do this in their panel
- You already have a phone number - here the procedure of attaching the number is on the iPresso side in cooperation with Vonage
On the form, too, you provide the addresses of the people who will have access to manage the message templates necessary to start a conversation.
Once the WABA account is up and running, if you need to gain or withdraw access to the panel, you should contact the people responsible for permissions on the Vonage side.
iPresso <-> Vonage channel configuration
Communication configuration is a series of operations to be performed on the iPresso side as well as on the Vonage panel side.
- After configuring the WABA account, you should report that you are ready to prepare the integration launch on the iPresso side. After receiving feedback that the launch is ready, you can proceed to the next step.
- In the customer panel, you need to enable WhatsApp integration - this can be done by any user. The necessary data can be downloaded from the WABA account.
- On the iPresso side, we assign a phone number to the WhatsApp account. The number must match the one provided in the form at the previous stage.
- After all the above operations, you should be able to download message templates and start the first conversation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.