Attributes are information about the characteristics of a given contact. These include, for example, city, gender, age, interests, etc.
In addition to the immediately available system attributes, the Dictionaries section gives you the ability to define various types of attributes that can then be assigned to contacts in the database, depending on what information you want to collect.
In order to do that follow the below path:
System > Dictionaries > Contacts > Attributes
The entire list with the information about the API key, personalization bracket, type and status of the attribute will display. After clicking more (right-hand side) you have the option to delete, edit or hide it. Hiding an attribute will prevent it from being displayed when you add / edit / display a contact.
To define a new attribute, click the Add button, which is located in the upper right corner:
1. Provide the Name of the attribute, e.g. gender, interest, age.
2. Select the type of attribute. You have multiple options to choose from:
- Numeric value (if your new attribute is, for example, age)
- Text value up to 255 characters (if your new attribute is, for example, the name of the blog)
- Value true/false (if your new attribute is, for example, work status - working/not working)
- Floating-point value (Decimal) - you choose if your new attribute is, for example, the price of a product)
- One from many (if your new attribute is gender, for example)
- Many from many (if your new attribute is an industry, for example)
- Date (additionally with the possibility to convert to: Years, Months, Weeks, Days)
- Date and time (additionally with the possibility to convert to: Years, Months, Weeks, Days)
In regards to efficiency of your iPresso, we recommend limiting the number of
attributes of different types up to 50. If you need more - contact us, and we will help
you to this number to optimize.
In addition, if the base of your contacts in iPresso is to exceed 800 thousand
ever added to your account - let us know. Once this number is exceeded, the system
will automatically prevent you from adding more attributes, but we can help you
increase it safely.