In addition to sending a basic Mobile push notification (described here), the iPresso Studio wizard also allows you to send an advanced version of the mobile push, through which additional data may be sent to the app in JSON format.
In order to use the advanced settings, select the Advanced push version option at the Content step when preparing your message.
If you select that option, a new Additional data field will open in which you will be able to paste the code that had been prepared earlier.
Click monitoring is a good example of using the advanced version of Mobile push notifications.
In order to monitor mobile push clicks:
- When setting up a campaign in iPresso:
- In the Settings step, in the Links monitoring field, select the option Monitor all links option:
- In the Content step:
- select Advanced push version;
- In the Additional data field, where the data in JSON format is placed, which will be sent to the application, the "externalMonitoringLink" field should be added including the link to be monitored.
- For example, if a deeplink to the app is entered into the "deeplink" field, then the same link may be inserted in the "externalMonitoringLink" field.
- This field may not be used to support deeplinks within the mobile push, and only serves to monitor clicks (its value will change on the stage of sending)
- Example of JSON for this field:
"externalMonitoringLink": "app: // in-app-link",
"Deeplink": "app: // in-app-button"
- When managing a mobile push in the app:
- In the "externalMonitoringLink" field, the value will be changed to the iPresso’s URL, to which you should send a GET request when the app records a click.
- After sending a request (which, apart from sending, does not require any management), iPresso will record a click on the sent mobile push (in campaign statistics and as a contact’s activity). In the Link clicked contact activity, in the link parameter, the value will appear that was entered in the "externalMonitoringLink" field when configuring the campaign.