Actions on site are a mechanism that responds in real time to a user's activity on the monitored site - an element used in Real-Time Marketing.
For example - you are the owner of an online store and you would like to greet a new potential customer with the information that when they sign up for the newsletter, they will receive a discount on their first purchases. With actions on the page, you can set a popup with information about the newsletter, and iPresso will display it to your customer.
Types of actions on site
The types of actions vary depending on whether you want to display them:
- for all users/contacts,
- for anonymous or monitored contacts.
For all contacts or just anonymous contacts, the available actions are:
- popup - a pop-up window in the browser
- event-driven popup - displaying a pop-up window, e.g. after clicking on a particular button on a page [e-commerce upsell], or filling in a field in a form
- web push - notifications displayed in the browser
- mobile push - notifications displayed in a mobile application (iOS, Android)
For monitored contacts, in addition to the above actions, you can also use:
- e-mail campaigns
- SMS campaigns
- sending a voice message - sending a voice recording to a phone
- tagging a contact - assigning a tag to a contact
- changing a contact's attribute - e.g. changing name, email, phone, etc.
- adding to scenario - contact will be added to the indicated scenario
- adding to segment - contact will be added to the indicated segment
IMPORTANT: In iPresso it is possible to set the action on site for anonymous
contacts, while the condition will be checked from the moment of launching a given
action on the page, not historically.
In addition, the fact that a contact is anonymous does not mean that they do not have
an account and appeared on your site for the first time - only that this is the first
time he or she is using a given browser (or is using it for the first time since
How do I launch an action on the site?
To launch an action on site, go to:
Automation > Page Actions > Create New Action
IMPORTANT: the iPresso monitoring code have to be installed on your site in order
for the action on site to be triggered.
Configuration - Settings
Firstly, the system will direct you to the settings:
This is where you configure:
- name: this is internal information in the iPresso panel, it helps to identify a given action,
- start date: from what day and time the action is to be launched,
- type of contacts: you can choose between all contacts or only anonymous or monitored contacts,
- page action groups: allow you to manage the order in which the actions are displayed, to be set in Automation > Actions on site > Groups [a detailed description of this functionality can be found below],
- monitored page: indication of the URL where the action will be displayed,
- sub-pages: with reference to the monitored page - if no sub-pages are indicated, the action will be displayed only on the home page,
- visit from page,
- capping: limit of the action's display on the page:
in this case, the action will be displayed maximum once per 24 hours, up to twice per 36 hours and no more than three times per 168 hours (week)
Further settings to be configured:
- devices: indication whether the action is to be displayed on all devices or only on computers or mobile devices or on selected operating systems,
- the moment when the action is performed: selectable - after the page loads, after a certain time of immobility on the page, after scrolling the page (percentage indicator) or before attempting to close the browser window (after hovering the mouse cursor over the URL field, as different browsers place the "X" button to close the page in different places),
- delay: the time after which the action should be displayed after the page loads,
- silent hours: the action will not take place in the selected time period.
IMPORTANT: the action that will be triggered in the panel at the latest, on your page
will be displayed first. You can set to have several actions executed on the page using
the functionality - action groups.
Configuration - Criteria
After configuring the settings, go to the Criteria tab. Here you indicate on what basis you want the action to be displayed. For example - when the action "fill out a survey" occurs, a pop-up with a discount coupon will be displayed as an appreciation:
If you check the "Order of activity" option, then in order to display the action on the page, the criteria will have to be met in the indicated order.
The available types of criteria will vary depending on the type of contacts selected in the action settings (for all, only monitored or only anonymous).
If you indicate all or only anonymous, the following will be available:
- activities - act performed by the user on the site
- actions - caused by the iPresso system mechanism, e.g. editing a contact
For monitored contacts, the available types of criteria are:
- activities - actions performed by the user on the page
- actions - caused by the iPresso system mechanism, e.g. editing a contact
- attributes - fixed information assigned to a contact (first name, last name, e-mail, etc.)
If you launch more than one action on site and the user meets the display criteria for more than one, he will see the one that was added last (it is higher in the list of all actions).
If you want to display more than one action on the page to the user within one page view, you can use action groups:
W celu skonfigurowania grup przejdź do zakładki Automatyzacja > Akcje na stronie > Grupy.
Action groups allow to display more than one running action consecutively to a user who meets the criteria for displaying them. In order to do this, you need to assign actions to groups (group) in their configuration. Otherwise (if the contact meets the criteria for displaying more than one action) only the one that was added last to the group will happen. Except that in the group itself, you can set the order (priority setting) of displaying actions. So you can also decide which action (one of many) will be displayed for a contact that meets the criteria for more than one of the actions in the group.
IMPORTANT: you can add actions on the site to action groups only when you saving
the finished action (it cannot be in draft)
Configuration - Action
In the Action tab, you indicate the type of action to be executed when the criteria, indicated in the previous step, are met.
- popup - in order to display a pop-up, a campaign must first be prepared under Content > Popup creations > Create new popup. Once the popup creation is prepared, it will be possible to indicate it in the action on site configuration:
- event driven popup - similar to the above, first you need to prepare a popup creation, then choose the type of event after which the popup will be displayed:
if you look for more information regarding this, click here.
- activity - you indicate the activity to be assigned to the contact,
- sending web/mobile push / email / SMS / voice message - in order to execute these campaigns, the creation must be prepared in advance in the Campaign tab,
- tagging a contact - the tag should be created in the System > Dictionaries > Tags,
- add to scenario - create a scenario in Automation > Scenario tab,
- add to a segment - a segment has to be created in the Segmentation tab.
Configuration - Summary
The last tab is the summary. Here the system verifies if the action has been configured correctly:
- red - a given element requires improvement,
- yellow - the given configuration is worth noting, but it does not prevent you from launching the action,
- green - confirms the correct configuration of all elements.
After saving the action, you can start it with the blue launch button.
The action on the site test
Before the final launch of the action, you can run it in test mode by entering your IP address:
In order to test the action by yourself, you need to meet the criteria and settings indicated in the configuration.